JOBBIE Peanut Butter Blossoms
Perfectly soft and crackled, made with peanut butter, and topped with Hershey’s Kisses. Kawan, have you baked up a batch of peanut butter blossoms?
If you have kids, this is a great recipe to make with them, as there are plenty of things they can help with in this recipe.
Show the kids how to make these peanut butter blossoms and they can’t get enough of scooping the dough, rolling it into balls, rolling dough in the sugar, and pressing the kiss into the baked cookie!
- 240 g (1¾ cups) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 125 g butter, softened at room temperature
- 120 g JOBBIE Creamy Pure Peanut Butter
- 120 g caster sugar, plus extra for coating
- 120 g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 Hershey’s Kisses (dark chocolate)
- baking tray
- parchment paper
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a mixer, mix butter, peanut butter, caster sugar and brown sugar for 3-4 minutes.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla extract, mix until well combined.
- Add reserved flour mixture, mix well. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove foil from Hershey’s Kisses and place onto a plate, set aside in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 165°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 5 equal portions, then divide each portion into 12 balls. Roll the ball in caster sugar and place 5 cm apart on lined baking tray.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes (middle rack, with fan) until the balls turn light brown and puffed up. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes and lightly press a frozen Hershey’s Kisses into centre of each cookie. Cool completely to allow chocolate stick on cookies before storing in an airtight container.
- Always preheat your oven before baking. The baking time and temperature illustrated here are general guidelines. Make necessary adjustments on the time and temperature to suit your oven.
- They stay soft and tasty for 5-7 days in an airtight container. Place cookies in a single layer first, side by side. Start your second layer by placing cookies in between the tips of the kisses.
Get your peanut butter SHOP NOW