Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcake with JOBBIE Peanut Butter Frosting
Best and moist banana cake from scratch. Easy banana cake recipe that everyone can make at home. Peanut butter frosting to go with these banana cupcakes is icing on the cake, this combo is heavenly matched! Don’t forget to use overripe bananas (bananas with brown spots are good, but the best is black banana) for the sweetest flavours.
- 2 small bananas, over-ripe
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 g salted butter, melted
- 40 g caster sugar
- 80 g cake flour (½ cup)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp JOBBIE Creamy Pure Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- muffin tray
- cupcake cases
- Using a clean bowl, mash banana and salt with fork.
- Using handheld electric mixers (with metal whisk attachment) on mixing bowl, whisk melted butter and sugar.
- Add cake flour, baking soda and baking powder, mix until just combined.
- Add milk, vanilla extract, egg and mashed banana, mix until just combined.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips and mix well with spatula. Rest for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Pour batter in lined muffin tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes (middle rack) until skewer comes out clean when it is inserted in the centre of the muffin. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Using a cold clean bowl, whisk peanut butter, icing sugar and whipping cream for 4-7 minutes stiff peaks form or it turns solid and holds its shape when scoop it up. Pipe on cooled cupcakes. Serve immediately.
Always preheat your oven before baking. The baking time and temperature illustrated here are general guidelines. Make necessary adjustments on the time and temperature to suit your oven.
Get your peanut butter SHOP NOW