JOBBIE Peanut Butter Sesame Agar-Agar Mooncake
Here is a simple way to have “once in a blue moon” moment. Just take black sesame seed powder and peanut butter to make up the filling, sandwiched in between antioxidant pack blue pea flower coconut agar-agar layer for this easy-to-make mooncake version.
It is a perfect blend of sweet and salty from peanut butter and a little bitter after taste from sesame which has made the mooncake an absolute treat!
Peanut butter filling
- 100 g JOBBIE Chunky Classic Peanut Butter
- 60 g black sesame powder
Coconut Agar Agar
- 15 g (1 tbsp) agar agar powder
- 500 g (2 cup) water
- 140 g sugar, adjust to taste
- 500 g (2 cup) fresh coconut milk
- 3 pandan leaves, tied into knots
- 1-2 drops food colouring or 5 blue pea flowers, fresh or dried
- cling film
- rolling pin
- round cutter
- jelly mould
- Mix peanut butter and black sesame powder. It will form a dough. Add more sesame powder if it is too soft.
- Cover peanut dough with cling film. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough to 1 cm thickness. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Using a round cutter, cut out 10 discs. Meanwhile continue with the recipe.
- Place all coconut agar agar ingredients except coconut milk and colouring in a small pot, cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove pandan leaves. Add coconut milk and colouring. Mix for 2 minutes and strain.
- Fill jelly moulds half-full with agar-agar mixture. Put 1 piece of filling in the middle, then fill moulds to the brim with agar-agar mixture. Keep in refrigerator. Remove mooncake from moulds when set.
JOBBIE is a Malaysian brand specialised in making 100% natural Halal peanut butter.
Our peanut butter is perfect to enjoy on bread/toast, but there can be many more possibilities! Check out more interesting JOBBIE peanut butter recipes here.
Want to get your recipe featured? Tag #jobbierecipes on Instagram to join us!
Get your peanut butter >>> SHOP NOW