Vegan JOBBIE Peanut Butter Jam Swirl Bread
This is a super fun twist on the classic sandwich! With creamy peanut butter and strawberry jam swirled right into the loaf, it is irresistible.
Toast topped with a little peanut butter and jelly is one of our normal go-to breakfast choices. This magnificent bread makes our favourite breakfast even easier because the peanut butter and strawberry jam is already swirled in the bread for you. Score!
Homemade bread with the ever-popular combination of peanut butter and jam. You cannot go wrong with that.
- 400 g Japanese bread flour
- 45 g cane sugar
- 1½ tsp dried yeast
- 290 g water
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 165 g JOBBIE Creamy Pure Peanut Butter
- 50-100 g strawberry jam or blueberry jam
- pastry mat
- cling film
- rolling pin
- loaf tin (19 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm)
- In a stand mixer attached with dough hook, place flour, sugar and yeast in mixing bowl, mix 6 minutes. Slowly pour in water.
- Add salt and 65 g peanut butter, continue to knead 4 minutes until windowpane stage (see tips).
- Transfer dough to a pastry mat, roll dough into a round shape and cover with cling film. Leave in a warm place to prove until doubled in size (approx. 45 minutes).
- Punch down to deflate the dough. Flatten doughs with a rolling pin into long rectangular shape (50 cm x 18 cm). Spread 100 g peanut butter on dough, then spread fruit jam on top of the peanut butter. Roll up tightly into a log shape. Transfer dough to a loaf tin (19 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm). Leave in a warm place to prove again until doubled in size (approx. 45 minutes). During the last 10 minutes, preheat oven to 180°C.
- Bake on middle rack for 25 minutes (180 °C) until bread surface turns golden brown. Let cool and carefully remove bread from loaf tin. Cut in slices and serve.
- Windowpane stage: Hold a piece of dough between your thumbs and first two fingers, then gently spread your fingers and thumbs apart, stretching the dough into a thin translucent membrane (ie, a windowpane). If you can stretch the dough without it tearing, it means the gluten is well-developed and your dough is ready for proving.
- Always preheat your oven before baking. The baking time and temperature illustrated here are general guidelines. Make necessary adjustments on the time and temperature to suit your oven.
JOBBIE is a Malaysian brand specialised in making 100% natural Halal peanut butter.
Our peanut butter is perfect to enjoy on bread/toast, but there can be many more possibilities! Check out more interesting JOBBIE peanut butter recipes here.
Want to get your recipe featured? Tag #jobbierecipes on Instagram to join us!
Get your peanut butter >>> SHOP NOW