JOBBIE Peanut Butter and Jam Stuffed French Toast
by Hui Sim (@hui_dairyy IG)
Personally I do not like my french toast to be soggy and greasy, however I found some tips which able to make it a healthier version of it, no greasy feeling, less oil and 100% indulgence!
No oven/air fryer required, everyone can make it at home! With a cuppa of hot americano, make your own home cafe! Hope everyone stay healthy and stay safe! #stayathomeandeatjobbienutbutter #staysafe
- 2 slices of thick toast (highly recommended it should be thick! or may be a french baguette)
- An egg
- 30mL of milk of your choice
- Dash of cinnamon powder (optional but recommended)
- 2 drops of vanilla essence (optional)
- Fruit Jam of your choice (I'm using strawberry jam)
- JOBBIE Chunky Pure Peanut Butter
- If you are using thick toast: Slice each of the toast in the middle about 2/3 depth. Spread with generous amount of fruit jam and Chunky Pure Peanut Butter.
If you are using normal bread loaf: Take two slices, one spread with fruit jam and another one spread with Chunky Pure Peanut Butter. Sandwich them together.
- Beat the egg with milk, cinnamon powder and vanilla essence.
- Immerse the toast (1) into the egg mixture, soak each side for 2 minutes until it fully soaked up the mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan, once heated add about 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil/ butter, once the oil is heated, switch to low medium heat.
- Place soaked toast into the pan, pan fry each side until golden brown.
- Enjoy it with honey, yogurt and fruits!
- Maintain at medium-low heat or low heat while frying the toast, ensure a crispy texture but not burning the toast.
- If you prefer a more jiggly texture, soak the toasts in the fridge overnight ( with this method (preferred to be thick toast and for French baguette): egg mixture suggested to use 40-50mL of milk).
- Best served with honey & caramelised banana!
Get your peanut butter SHOP NOW