Dan Dan Noodles with JOBBIE Peanut Butter
by Fifi Leong (@fifileongmy IG)
- 70 g garlic cloves
- 70 g shallots
- 50 g onions
- 50 g dried shrimp, soaked to soften, rinsed
- 150 g cooking oil
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp fermented soybean paste
- 90 g JOBBIE Creamy Pure Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp chilli oil
Minced meat sauce
- 20 g cooking oil
- 2 cm fresh ginger, minced
- 150 g minced chicken
- 2 tbsp zha cai (hot pickled mustard), chopped
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp chicken stock powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1½ tsp dark soy sauce
- 120 g water
- 2 tsp cornflour (starch)
- 800 g chicken stock
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 300 g dried ramen
- 4-5 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish
- 60 g unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped to garnish
- 1 sprig spring onion, chopped, to garnish
- 3 tsp Zhenjiang vinegar
- Place garlic cloves, shallots, onions and dried shrimp in a chopper, chop until fine.
- Heat up a wok with oil, sauté garlic-dried shrimp mixture, chilli powder and fermented soybean paste over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until aromatic. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Mix peanut butter, sesame oil and chilli oil in a bowl, set aside.
Minced meat sauce
- Heat up the wok again with oil, sauté minced ginger and minced chicken. Followed by zha cai, oyster sauce, chicken stock powder, sugar and dark soy sauce.
- Mix water and cornflour in a small bowl, add to minced meat mixture and stir immediately. Cook until it is thickened. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, boil chicken stock, salt, sugar and dark soy sauce.
- In a big pot of water, add 1 pinch of salt and let it boil. Add noodles and cook until your desired preference. Rinse with cold water. Arrange on serving bowls. Top with 1 spoon of dandan sauce, 1 spoon of peanut sauce and 1 spoon of minced meat sauce.
- Using a soup ladle, take 1 scoop of chicken stock and drizzle on noodle. Garnish noodle with toasted sesame seeds, chopped peanuts, chopped spring onion and Zhenjiang vinegar. Serve immediately.
- You can prepare sauces (dandan sauce, peanut sauce and minced meat sauce) in advanced and store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- If you can’t find Zhenjiang vinegar, replace with black vinegar, adjust amount to taste.
- Replace 800 g chicken stock with 800 g water + 1 tbsp chicken stock powder/abalone sauce.
JOBBIE is a Malaysian brand specialised in making 100% natural Halal peanut butter.
Our peanut butter is perfect to enjoy on bread/toast, but there can be many more possibilities! Check out more interesting JOBBIE peanut butter recipes here.
Want to get your recipe featured? Tag #jobbierecipes on Instagram to join us!
Get your peanut butter >>> SHOP NOW