Apam Balik with JOBBIE Peanut Butter
by Wai Han (@thefoodhanter IG)
Inspired by: Eatbook Singapore
Apam Balik is a sweet pancake turnover stuffed with a sugary, buttery peanut filling, a common dessert in Malaysia and Singapore. Wai Han made a twist to this traditional dessert by adding JOBBIE Peanut Butter!
- 140g wheat flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 160ml water
- 1 egg
- Unsalted butter
- Black food colouring (Optional)
- JOBBIE Chunky Classic Peanut Butter
- Combine wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, instant yeast, vanilla extract, water and egg into a bowl. Mix well until it has a good consistency and no lumps.
- If using food colouring, add drop by drop and stir well until colour appears as desired.
- Cover with a table cloth and set aside for approximately 30 minutes. It should form bubbles on the surface once the batter is ready. Stir well before proceeding.
- Using low to medium heat, melt some unsalted butter on the pan (I used a 9-inch pan) and pour half of the batter into it. Use the back of the ladle and spread the batter evenly.
- Cover the pan for a few minutes until cooked.
- Spread JOBBIE Chunky Classic Peanut Butter to taste on one half and unsalted butter on the other half.
- Fold it and it’s ready to serve. Enjoy!
Final product colour may vary due to cooking with food colouring.
Watch this recipe video
Get your peanut butter SHOP NOW