JOBBIE Peanut Butter and Jam Cream Puff
by Wayne (@dough_and_stove IG)
PB&J on bread....Easy
PB&J on cream puff....Fancy!
Whether you're trying to impress that special someone or ....well do you really need a reason to have this? This PB&J Cream Puff is sure to please!
Light, crispy, brown sugar crusted puff topped with a creamy peanut butter pastry cream made with JOBBIE Creamy Pure Peanut Butter and tarty strawberry jam, would you give this classic french with a twist a try?
Recipe for ±12 pcs of PB&J Cream Puffs
Crust (±12 pc)
- Butter, 25g
- Brown Sugar, 25g
- All Purpose Flour, 25g
- Prepare ±24 sheet of 2.5" x 2.5" square baking paper. Set aside.
- Cream Butter & Sugar.
- Mix in Flour to get a smooth paste.
- Wrap with a cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using or freeze until ready to use.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper into ±2 mm thickness.
- Cut into circle with a cookie ring without removing it from the baking paper (size can vary depends on intended final size of puff, I made ±2" diameter)
- Freeze crust for at least 45 min before transferring into baking paper.
- After transferring, set aside in freezer until ready to use.
Peanut Butter Pastry Cream (±850g Cream)
- Milk, 540g
- Sugar, 80g
- Corn Starch, 30g
- Salt, 2g
- Egg Yolk, 6
- JOBBIE Creamy Pure Peanut Butter, 170g
- Bring Milk to a simmer.
- Whisk Egg Yolk, Sugar, Corn Starch and Salt in a separate bowl.
- When Milk bubbles, drizzle ½ of the Milk slowly into egg yolk mixture, while whisking vigorously.
- Add the mixture back to the remaining ½ of the Milk.
- Heat over medium heat, whisking vigorously throughout, until mixture starts to bubble (±2 min).
- Lower heat, cook for ±2 min more until thickens.
- Remove from heat. Add in Peanut Butter.
- Sieve pastry cream into a bowl
- Cover with wrap on surface. Cool at room temperature for about an hour.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and fill into piping bag before using.
Cream Puff (±12 pcs 2" diameter Puff)
- Water, 115g
- Sugar, 15g
- Butter, 55g
- Salt, 2g
- Bread Flour, 70g
- Egg, 2 - 3 (Varies, see note)
- Melt Butter with Water, Sugar and Salt over low heat.
- Once Butter & Sugar dissolves, turn the heat up until mixture boils.
- Drop Flour into at once, when mixture boils.
- Remove from heat. Stir to get a rough dough.
- Return to heat. Cook while stirring continuously for 2 - 3 min until thin skin forms on bottom of pan.
- Transfer into another bowl. Cool for 15 min
- Add in Eggs slowly.*
- Fill batter in piping bag.
- Pipe at 90° perpendicularly (±2" circle) while keeping each of them about 1” apart.
- Transfer crust prepared earlier onto piped batter by placing on top of them.
- Bake at 190°C for 16 min, then lower temperature to 175°C, bake for 14 min, open door of oven (to let steam out), bake for another 10 min (40 min baking time in total) until puffed, golden and dry to touch. **
- Transfer over cooling rack. Set aside for 10 min before assembling.
*Eggs required varies, refer to image for consistency required.
**Do not open oven door unless at stated times or puff will deflate.
- Slice off top of cream puff.
- Pipe peanut butter pastry cream into puff in a circular motion, leaving the center empty.
- Top with strawberry jam, fresh strawberry (optional).
- Best served when pastry cream is cold and puff is still fresh and crispy.
JOBBIE is a Malaysian brand specialised in making 100% natural Halal peanut butter.
Our peanut butter is perfect to enjoy on bread/toast, but there can be many more possibilities! Check out more interesting JOBBIE peanut butter recipes here.
Want to get your recipe featured? Tag #jobbierecipes on Instagram to join us!
Get your peanut butter >>> SHOP NOW